Vinayak: Chiru has brought dignity to this role
V V Vinayak who directed Megastar Chiranjeevi's comeback movie 'Khaidi No 150, which is remake of Tamil hit 'Kaththi', talks about the movie, and shares with us many interesting info. Here is the account of it in first person mode..
- 'Khaidi No. 150' has the integrity that Chiranjeevi garu's character had in 'Tagore'. In terms of songs, it is an 'Indra'. In terms of the comedy, it is a 'Rowdy Alludu'. That's how I describe it as. The thief's character is named as Katthi Seenu. The fighter's character is named as Shankar.
- Chiranjeevi garu has done both the characters aptly. As a down-to-earth, educated graduate, he behaves with dignity. As a care-free youth, he has carried out the contrast equally well. When he takes up the responsibility of farmers at interval bang, it is as if it were a third shade.
- To cut the long story short, it's about how a leader of farmers puts up a fight against wealthy corporates even though the poor themselves haven't seen even thousands of rupees in their lives. He does it with the help of a thief.
- I am not at all tensed. When Chiranjeevi garu himself has liked it, one can be sure that the film is already a hit.
- We haven't tinkered with the story at all. Even the climax is almost similar. But the entertainment quotient is greater compared with the original. The item song, Brahmanandam's character (the coin fight scene is more entertaining because of him), etc are new additions.
- Not that Chiranjeevi garu didn't want to do a straight movie, but he didn't find a fully satisfying story. Only social message or only comedy wouldn't have been appropriate. We have nativised the story to a great extent. The final version has been derived from the material offered by Paruchuri Brothers, Sathyanand garu, Sai Madhav Burra and Vema Reddy.
- It's always special when someone like Chiranjeevi garu talks about the agony of farmers. We may read about it in newspapers, but you will get goosebumps when you watch it Chiranjeevi garu speak in 'Khaidi No. 150'.
- His image has not dwindled over the years. The connect he has with youth is the same. The craze to watch it on day one says it all. All the shows are packed!
- If annayya is looking so glamorously at this age, it's because of the amount of hardwork he has put in. I saw him working out hard when I went to his home. It shows his 'kasi'.
- Chiranjeevi garu sees every scene in a 360 degree perspective. From now on, I will narrate my script to him before making a movie.
- We had omitted Prudhvi's portions because we felt some lag. But when I and annayya read about his pain, we did a rethink. Annayya asked me to include his portions because he wanted everyone to be happy.
- I must thank DSP for the 200 pc output. The songs have become extremely popular. Thanks to DSP and Ramajogayya Sastry garu, I had tears when I listened to 'Neeru Neeru'.
- My first choices were Kajal and Anushka. The latter was busy with 'Baahubali' and 'Om Namo Venkatesaya'. Even though Kajal was busy, her co-stars like Ajith, out of respect toward Chiranjeevi garu, adjusted their dates.